Washington County Historic Courthouse
Attractions & RecreationMuseums & Historic Sites
- 101 West Pine Street Stillwater MN 55082
- (651) 275-7075
- (651) 275-7076
- Send Email
- Washington County Historic Courthouse
From Highway 36, go north on Osgood Ave/4th St 1 mile to Pine Street
From Highway 95, turn west on Myrtle, south on Third Street to Pine.
This Washington County landmark was built in 1870 and sits high on the hill overlooking historic downtown Stillwater. Designed by Augustus Knight of St Paul and built in the Italianate style popular at the time, it served as the administrative and judicial center of Washington County for over 100 years. The Courthouse is a popular site for events, meetings, concerts and hosts community events of all kinds throughout the year. Guided and self-guided tours include four exhibit spaces, historic courthouse and the old 1900s jail and are offered daily. Exhibits are free, donations are accepted.