Who Should Apply?
- Anyone living or working in the St. Croix Valley area who has a stake in and passion for the community
- Anyone with an interest in government, advocacy, non-profit work, or who wishes to contribute to the betterment of our community
- Anyone interested in civic and professional development as well as leadership skills training
- Participants may come from a wide array of backgrounds and often include executives, business owners, consultants, non-profits, local-residents, and business employees
- Cohorts develop a close bond that provides them a valuable network after the program ends. Participants will also benefit from involvement with the future Leadership in the Valley Alumni Association
How will it Benefit Me?
- Expand involvement in community affairs and explore new leadership responsibilities in the valley
- Enhance and grow leadership skills while forming beneficial professional and personal relationships
- Stimulate an understanding of the forces and trends affecting the development of the community
- Increase knowledge of and commitment for the St. Croix Valley
- Earn trust, enhance confidence and give back to the community
How will it Benefit my Business or Organization?
- Paves the way for future leaders and increases exposure for current community leaders
- Identifies employee's strengths and how to work well with others
- Increases knowledge of the community
- Instills forward-thinking with new trends, current challenges, and future opportunities
- Offers representation and exposure for companies
- Improves employee's communication, professional presence and leadership skills
- Provides real-life learning opportunities that affect us every day both professionally and personally
STRUCTURE: Leadership in the Valley is a nine-month program from September through May. Classes meet in different locations around the community each month exploring a major topic covered by knowledgeable speakers and panels, tours, group activities, demonstrations and class discussions. At the end of the Leadership in the Valley program year, a graduation ceremony and dinner will be held in recognition of the class. After completing the program, graduates will become alumni of the Leadership in the Valley Alumni group.
ATTENDANCE: Leadership in the Valley requires a strict time commitment. Class members must attend a minimum of 80 percent of all sessions and participate in a community project with classmates. The class will break into smaller groups to work together on a community project which will take additional time outside of the class sessions. This is a requirement to graduate from the program. The community projects serve as a crucible where class members will practice and apply leadership skills in a small-group experience, work with community leaders, gain an in-depth understanding of a community organization and/or community need, and make a positive difference in the lives of others. Project work is done outside of regular day session meetings. Meeting times and locations are determined by project group members.
COST: A $25.00 non-refundable application fee is due when this application is submitted. The tuition fee for Leadership in the Valley is $1,195 for non-Chamber members and $995 for Chamber members, which covers all costs for orientation meals, materials, supplies and supplemental transportation throughout the year. The fee may be paid by the participant and/or their business firm or organization.
Leadership in the Valley Program - Class of 2020-21
Dates Curriculum Days
Wednesday, September 9, 2020 New Class Reception (Evening Event)
Thursday, September 10, 2020 Program Kick-Off
Thursday, October 8, 2020 Community and the Arts
Thursday, November 12, 2020 Government
Thursday, December 17, 2020 Diversity
Thursday, January 14, 2021 Health & Wellness
Thursday, February, 2021 Education
Thursday, March 11, 2021 Business and Economic Development
Thursday, April 8, 2021 Public Safety and Law
Wednesday, May 12, 2021 Agriculture & Environment
Thursday, May 13, 2021 Graduation Ceremony (Evening Event)
Tuesday, April 13, 2021 SNOW MAKEUP DAY -
The Greater Stillwater Chamber maintains a non-discriminatory policy as an equal opportunity organization to ensure that all participants are treated equally and fairly regardless of age, race, sex, creed, color, handicap, or national origin.
The Leadership in the Valley Steering Committee will review each application independently. Applications will be evaluated and applicants will be notified by letter about this year's class selection.
If accepted into Leadership in the Valley, you and/or your company or organization will be obligated for the tuition fee of $1195 for non-Chamber members or $995 for Chamber members, which covers all program costs (meals, supplemental transportation, and supplies). FULL Tuition payment is due by September 7, 2020.
Be an EXCLUSIVE Leadership DAY SPONSOR!
RESERVE HERE! They fill up fast!