Universal Banker II
This position serves as the lead Branch Banking banker in the branch assigned. The incumbent helps business, nonprofit, and consumer clients with their banking transactions and with the management of their financial resources by addressing questions; solving problems; identifying their needs; recommending the appropriate products and services based on those needs; selling the designated bank products they desire; or referring them to the appropriate individuals/departments who can fulfill their needs, as appropriate.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS With PERFORMANCE STANDARDS And ANNUAL GOALS
- Become a product expert on all deposit products, e-Banking products, ancillary/convenience products, overdraft protection, and consumer lending products.
- Have a basic understanding and knowledge of all the key wealth management products and services and the business lines that offer them.
- On a day-to-day basis, educate our clients on products and services that may improve their financial health based on their life stage, etc.
- Inform clients about product promotions, new products and services, etc.
- Generate business and respond to all leads as quickly as possible professionally, via phone, or personally, to grow new business.
- Perform any and all new account opening processes and procedures expeditiously and accurately.
- Become familiar with all the products and services offered within the organization.
- Listen for opportunities to refer and deepen new and existing client relationships with products and services that may fulfill their needs from other business units.
- Work with other FSBT employees, including but not limited to Cash Management, Bank Services, Mortgage, Trust, Valley Insurance, etc., to help the client get the assistance they need.
- Ensure the client’s needs are met by following up with them.
- Perform vault teller duties, which include but are not limited to:
- Accurately oversee and/or perform balancing of the ATM, cash drawers, gift cards, and “end of day” transactions (cash advances, coin machine, teller drawer, vault duties).
- Research and locate differences.
- Accurately make correcting entries on a timely basis.
- Communicate corrections/changes to the manager and/or operations.
- Work with the audit team when conducting audits.
- Originate and help service loans within authority limits and assigned lending products.
- Evaluate risk on credit and depository products, and recognize client eligibility to submit credit/application packages
- Ensure that underwriting and credit quality standards are implemented and maintained.
- Negotiate credit terms, such as costs, loan repayment methods, and collateral specifications.
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Saturdays: 1 or 2 days a month (9:00 a.m. - Noon)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Requirements - Must be met with or without a reasonable accommodation:
- Work is performed either standing or sitting and includes frequent position changes in response to customer needs. Ability to sit for long periods of time on occasion.
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for approximately 8 hours per day.
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies, coins, and other materials which weigh approximately 15-50 pounds.
- High School diploma/GED. Two- or four-year post-secondary degree preferred.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in a financial institution role, or equivalent combination of education and related work experience in financial services or retail/business banking.
- 2–3 years of previous banking experience with loan processing experience preferred
- Previous teller or cash handling experience preferred.
- Experience providing high quality customer service.
- High attention to detail.