CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR 2018 AWARD WINNERS!
Chamber Ambassador of the Year
- Allissa Obler, Community Thread
- Ashley Reynolds, LegalShield and Ostrowski Insurance
- Diane Donley, Keller Williams Premier Realty & Melaleuca Consultant
- Jennifer McAllister, Good Samaritan Society- Stillwater
- Marty Foote, Stillwater Motors
- Matthew Stepaniak, 210 Laurel
- Rachael Harvey, Edina Realty
WINNER: Ashley Reynolds, LegalShield and Ostrowski Insurance
Ashley embraces the Greater Stillwater Chamber of Commerce with a contagious enthusiasm! She’s a dedicated champion of the small business community and an “A-Team Ambassador!” Ashley is a genuine, authentic rarity; seldom missing a ribbon cutting, committee meeting, or a chamber event. She’s generous with her time and creativity, sharing them both with the chamber and her ambassadors, where needed!
Small Business of the Year
- Candyland Stillwater
- Gammy and Gumpy’s
- Inspiration Performing Arts Center
- Kristina Lynn Photography & Design
- Rachael Harvey, Real Estate Agent
- Sara’s Tipsy Pies
- Sletten and Brettin Orthodontics
- The Daily Grind Espresso Café
WINNER: The Daily Grind Espresso Café
It’s been a crazy 25-year ride for Megan and Tim Palm, owners of The Daily Grind Espresso Café. Beloved by the community for many reasons, they provide an excellent java and daily jump start! Their generous and humble spirit shines brightly through their Hero Fund.
Educator of the Year
- Jane Grobe, Salem Lutheran Church
- Lisa Blake, Lake Elmo Elementary
- Lori Stippel, Stillwater Area High School
- Matt Kraft, Stillwater Area High School
- Terri VanDiver, Huntington Learning Center
- Traci Cox, Stillwater Middle School
WINNER: Lori Stippel, AP Literature, Stillwater Area High School
Lori Stippel is an extraordinary educator who impacts lives in an extraordinary way! Lori is a dedicated teacher and mentor to students, parents and educators. Her positive influence, passion for excellence, mentoring of respect, and wealth of talent has been a gift given to her students for over two decades. Lori is being honored for her teaching legacy – touching hearts and leaving a lasting imprint.
Community Volunteer of the Year
- Anissa Raleigh, Stillwater Medical Group
- Becca Wilson, Carriage Realty Inc
- Brad Glynn, Lift Bridge Brewery
- Lois Raboin, United Way Washington County East
- Michael Sobieski, Lumberjack Days
WINNER: Anissa Raleigh, Stillwater Medical Group
Anissa is a volunteer with a BIG HEART who believes in bringing our community together! Bringing a vibrant energy and contagious passion, Anissa’s “can do” spirit impacts many people through her involvement with community events like “Summer Tuesdays” and “Harvest Fest.” Anissa is a dedicated volunteer exhibiting hometown pride and “servant leadership.”
Large Business of the Year
- Bluestone Physician Services
- Lift Bridge Brewery
- Stillwater Motors
- Water Street Inn
WINNER: Bluestone Physician Services
Bluestone Physician Services is an innovative primary care practice, delivering on-site medical care to patients in assisted living, as well as people with disabilities in both residential and community settings. With a compassionate company culture, Bluestone is an emerging leader in healthcare, serving over 10,000 geriatric patients in MN, WI and FL. Bluestone employs nearly 300 people, with sixty within their Stillwater headquarters. Bluestone is truly a “do-good” company, and an awesome company to work for!
Hero of the Year
- Deputy Danelle Erickson, Deputy Sheriff – School Resource Officer, Washington Co. Sheriff’s Dept.
- Jon Muller, EMS Director, Lakeview Hospital
- Kris Person, Former Fire Chief, Lower St. Croix Valley Fire Dept.
WINNER: Jon Muller, Lakeview Hospital
A Paramedic with Lakeview Hospital for nearly 30 years, Jon’s leadership was instrumental in the development of an Emergency Medical Service (EMS) Department which now responds to nearly 7,000 calls a year. Jon’s passion for a safer community is evident in the EMS training and preparation he has brought to our local Police, Fire, community groups, and business emergency response teams. His work now extends to include the Metro Region EMS System, supporting Wash. Co. SWAT, and Super Bowl preparations.
Non-Profit of the Year
- Empower Survivors
- EVOLVE Adoption & Family Services
- Stillwater Kiwanis
- United Way of Washington County East
- The Zephyr Theatre
WINNER: Evolve Adoption & Family Services
For 40 years, EVOLVE Adoption & Family Services has been helping children connect with parents through adoption or foster care. Their child-focused services have expanded from international adoption, and their services include domestic adoption, pregnancy services, foster care, and family preservation programs. All of their programs come out of their core belief that healthy kids build healthy communities.